Casting for Louis Ghost Chair
Casting of young person for
Simon Martin's film
Louis Ghost Chair
We are holding a casting to find a young performer/amateur to deliver a voice-over for artist Simon Martin’s new film project, Louis Ghost Chair.
We are looking for a young person who could sound like a 14-year old girl, possibly with a local accent from the Bath area. The performer will be asked to read a text, which will be recorded in a sound studio.
The recording will take place in 28 October 2011, most likely in London. The young performer will be offered a fee, will need to be escorted by a chaperone (a parent or guardian)
Cost of transport will be covered.
A Young Person Performing License will be applied for on behalf of the child by the production company, Film and Video Umbrella.
The finished piece will be shown at Holburne Museum, Bath and then tour nationally. The performer will be invited to the Private View and will receive a preview copy of the work for portfolio purposes.
The casting will take place at Holburne Museum, Bath
- Casting day in Bath: 1 October 2011 (1.30 – 6.45pm)
- Casting decision: 4 October 2011
- Recording in London: 28 October 2011
In order to attend the casting day
- Book an appointment email firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the email, tell us:
• Your name
• Your date of birth
• The name of a parent/guardian
• The phone number for your parent/guardian
- We will confirm the appointment with your parent/guardian and send you a script and more information about the project
- If you don’t have access to email, you can call us on 020 7407 7755 between 9.30am and 6pm Monday to Friday
On the day of the casting
- Arrive in plenty of time for your appointment
- Bring along a parent/guardian. They will be asked to sign a consent form on the day, so that we know they are happy for you to take part in this project
- If you are not accompanied by a parent/guardian on the day they will have to sign a consent form and other documents in advance of the casting day. You would still have to be accompanied by an adult on the day
- You will be asked to read a section of text for the casting, and your performance will be recorded. Please don’t be nervous, and don’t worry about any words that seem unfamiliar or difficult to pronounce. Just be yourself.
- The casting itself will take 5-10 minutes
- You do not need to be an experienced performer to take part, as long as you are confident and can listen to instruction
- Appointments will be allocated on a first come first served basis
- We are unable to consider you for casting if you have not got your parent/guardian’s consent
- We will inform your if you have been chosen to take part in the project by Tuesday 4 October
- All the performers seen on the day will be invited along to see the finished film, when premiered at Holburne Museum, Bath
Published on: 19/09/2011