Gardener's Lodge Art Group
Our group meets weekly in the Gardener's Lodge in Sydney Gardens and is part of the Holburne Museum's outreach programme.
We offer creative opportunities for people who have been affected by homelessness and associated issues including, mental health issues and social isolation.
The group provides a friendly and supportive space in which people can develop their arts skills, be creative and meet other people in a safe environment. We get involved in lots of different art projects and exhibitions in Bath and the local area (including Bath Fringe Arts Festival and exhibitions at Bath Artists Studios)
Through our weekly sessions we aim to support people to develop their:
• self-efficacy and empowerment
• confidence and self-esteem
• social skills and relationships - thereby reducing social isolation
• life-skills such as time organisation, planning, team work and communication skills
• participation and engagement in arts opportunities both within the museum and wider arts community
We currently offer a 1.5 hour weekly session of structured art activities, every Wednesday from 4-5.30pm. These are often facilitated by local artists.
To see images of some of the work produced by the group see:
We are also listed in The Hope Guide which is a regional publication (produced by St Mungo's) with information about activities throughout the region.
For more information contact:
Louise Campion (Education and Outreach Officer) on 01225 388566