IMAGE is a Peer Led Museums Group for people with lived experience of mental health issues who are interested in developing their creativity alongside other people, sharing skills and supporting each other.
The group encourages growing independence. Some sessions are led, with teaching input from a specialist artist, and other sessions involve participants developing their own work independently, building on the skills they’ve been taught and helping each other.
In a Peer Led Group members work with each other to draw on the different skills, strengths and knowledge which each person brings.
The group meets every 2 weeks moving between The Holburne, Bath Preservation Trust sites, The American Museum & Gardens and Bath Abbey over the course of a year.
Here are some of the projects the group have been involved in:
- Silver rings with Kim Thomson (Silversmith)
- Wood Engraving with Anne Desmet
- Japanese papermaking with Elaine Cooper
- Colour Feeds the Soul exhibition, Holburne Museum
- Printmaking with Rachel Wilcox leading to print exhibition at the Royal United Hospital
For more information contact:
Louise Campion (Learning and Engagement Lead & Pathways to Wellbeing Programme Manager) on 01225 388566