Holburne Museum Visitor Charter
Reviewed and updated April 2022
It is important to us that you enjoy your visit and that the Museum is a safe space for everyone.
We are maintaining an enhanced cleaning regime throughout the Museum. Hand sanitiser is provided and we would be grateful if you would continue to use it during your visit.
In light of Covid-19, we would like to assure our visitors that:
- We will do our utmost to ensure everyone has the space to enjoy the Museum safely
- The Museum has undergone thorough cleaning in preparation for opening
- We will sanitise the Museum regularly throughout each day, with special attention paid to high-contact areas such as handles, banisters and bathrooms.
- Our priority remains a safe and enjoyable visitor experience, so we will continue listening to feedback before making any further changes.
In return, we kindly ask visitors to:
- Stay away if you show any symptoms associated with Covid-19
- Sanitise your hands on arrival
- Maintain a safe distance between you and others as some of our visitors may be vulnerable
- Wearing a face covering inside the Museum is the individual choice of all visitors and staff
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow
- Follow all Staff and Volunteer instructions and signage in the Museum
Holburne Museum Visitor Q&A
Our Café, which is run by Benugo, now offers table service inside and outside
Our Shop selling exhibition merchandise and other goodies will be open and can be accessed at the end of your visit and online.
Our basement Toilets are available. Cleaning will take place regularly so please expect brief periods of closure.
How do we buy a ticket? Do you have timed tickets?
You can buy a ticket on arrival or you can buy a day ticket online in advance. We will accept all methods of payment. We do not operate on timed tickets. You can book your advance day ticket here
Friends and Members do not need to book in advance. Join the queue and state your name and address at the information desk to gain entry.
Do you offer free admission to your collection?
We offer free access to the Collection on Wednesdays from 3pm and on the last Friday of the month from 5pm – 8.30pm (excluding January and December) . During this period there is a reduced entry fee of £7 for our special exhibitions.
Please note that last admissions are 4.30pm each day excluding the last Friday of the month
How do we enter the building?
On arrival, please come to the main entrance at the front of the building as usual. You can also access the Garden cafe from the back of the building if you prefer.
What safety measures do you have in place?
The Museum has been deep cleaned and sanitising stations will be available throughout the building for your use. Perspex screens have been installed at our Welcome Desk and Shop, and enhanced cleaning will routinely take place throughout the day. It is each visitors choice to wear face masks or coverings. Our spaces are small and you will be coming into contact with people you do not know.
What provisions do you have for people with access needs?
We understand that visitors with access needs may find it difficult to queue for long periods of time. If you require assistance, please arrange your visit ahead of time by calling 01225 388569 so that we can help you.
Can I still help the Museum at this time?
Yes please. We are currently recruiting Volunteers to act as Gallery Stewards and we’d love to hear from you. The Holburne is an independent museum and a charity and we have only survived with the support of donations and grants. We are facing an uncertain future and rely on greater support. You can help us to rebuild our programmes by making a donation or joining as a Patron.